We have been donated oodles of yarn for the yarn bombing this year so a huge thanks to all our patients for their support. From the stashes that have been brought in these two felines have been created.
The inspiration came from a pattern bought on Etsy, I loved the mixture of knitting and crochet on the original pattern but sadly my execution was less satisfactory so I ended up adapting the knitted parts for crochet.
The pink pussy cat was first off the hook and was such a pleasure I just couldn’t resist making another.
Unfortunately I was not able to find the pattern again as Etsy is displaying ‘pattern not available’ but the link is below just in case. It is possible that our internet that is playing up this evening and you may be able to access the pattern if you want to make your own kitties at some point.
I was asked by a friend if I would make her a cat, and I have! He is very dinky compared to anything I have done before measuring approx 5 inches from head to tail.
I went online in search of a suitable pattern and chose one from son’s popkes called Dandylion . If you have a look at the pattern you will see that I have altered it a bit so he is curled up rather than stretched out, also I have stitched his arms into this curled up position. I am rather pleased with the end result although I did set myself a bit of a task in trying to do it on a smaller hook than the yarn requires to get a nice tight finish.