Firstly I must give my heartfelt thanks to all of you who have made pledges to help with our yarn bombing project; I know our patients will love it!
You have all asked for ideas of what to make so here goes……….
The name of the project is Fantasy Garden so here is an overview of what we are aiming to create through our creative collaboration:
- Flowers: As the overriding theme is “Gardens”, flowers of all colours, shapes and sizes would be wonderful and, in particular, sunflowers. I have been using a video tutorial by Meladora’s Creations to make mine.
- Bunting: I’d like to create a festive feeling so bunting is needed to hang around the building and garden to draw the spectacle together and attract attention from passersby. Attic24 has a great tutorial.
- Birds: This simple birdie pattern is an easier choice if you fancy something quick and straightforward and it looks great in all sorts of colour combinations. Another tutorial from Lucy at Attic24.
And if you feel like getting even more creative, there are two mini themes that I would like to incorporate into the Fantasy Garden…
- Fairy Garden: A Fantasy Garden wouldn’t be complete without a few fairies, so I will be making fairies, toadstools and gnomes.
- Seaside Scenery: And finally, because we live by the sea, I couldn’t resist a seaside scene. A lovely friend of mine is knitting the sea! So if you fancy making some fish or even seals and seagulls, I will find them a happy home by the sea!
I hope that these ideas and links to patterns will help you to get started and I am so happy that you want to help our Fantasy Garden become a reality. If you need any more information or would like to join us please contact me by email TheGrangeRange@hotmail.com . Thanks so much for your help.